Jump Start Your Teaching Career With Our Indiana CORE Math Test Prep Courses
MathHelp.com offers 2 complete Indiana CORE math prep courses with a personal math teacher. Don’t let math hold you back from getting certified to become the teacher you deserve to be!
“I used MathHelp.com to get ready for the Indiana CORE Middle School Mathematics (034) test. It was exactly what I needed to refresh myself on topics that I thought I knew but didn’t remember fully. Thanks” – Julia
About the Indiana State Tests
- is a twenty-first-century program featuring a new generation of technologically advanced and customized assessments.
- will help the Department of Education meet its goals of ensuring that candidates have the developmental (pedagogy) and content area knowledge and skills needed to teach effectively in Indiana public schools.
- is based on the REPA Indiana Educator Standards, and is aligned with state and national standards for educator preparation and with state standards for the P–12 student curriculum (Indiana Common Core State Standards and Indiana Academic Standards).
The tests included in the program are criterion referenced and standards based. Criterion-referenced tests are designed to measure a candidate’s knowledge and skills in relation to an established standard of performance (a criterion), rather than in relation to the performance of other candidates. The tests are aligned with the REPA Indiana Educator Standards. The program is composed of the following tests:
- Core Academic Skills Assessment: Tests of reading, writing, and mathematics that may be used to satisfy entrance requirements at Indiana educator preparation programs
- Developmental (pedagogy) area tests
- Content area tests
Tests are computer-based. All tests include multiple-choice questions, and some tests also include one or more constructed-response assignments. The available testing time varies by test and ranges between 45 minutes and 135 minutes. There is a 15-minute tutorial on computer-based testing prior to each test, which is not counted as part of the testing time.